Labels

Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas

Lily awoke far too early by any of our standards (any one that stays at our house knows, we are a foursome of freakishly late sleepers, when given the blessed opportunity)
So it was maybe between 7-8 am (late by norm standards) Lily bounced around and announced
"HE CAME! AND HE BROUGHT ME A SLED!  GET UP!  GET UP! EVERYONE UP! "


And after about 30 seconds the living room that looked like this.
Turned into this:

I was in charge of the video camera, which I had turned on as I nursed my coffee, but to be honest I pretty much missed the whole bit.
It happened so fast!
And then we cleaned up and headed to Janesville to spend the day with D's family and on the way, C got sick, so we turned around and came home. 


This is becoming a familiar theme for holidays, I know.
There was nothing to do, but tell D and Lily to go have fun.
I snuggled up for a day of rest with C.
 I knew there was nowhere I would rather be, than beside my babe.
To be honest I did feel a bit sorry for us both to be home alone on Christmas(me eating leftovers, her eating crackers).
But we made the best of it.
I had recorded a bunch of Christmas movies we finally got a chance to watch.
We snuggled, she slept, I read my new book.

 
She worried all day long about Lily and Daddy and was delighted to see them when she woke up in the morning (feeling so much better and so hungry).
Then C and I had our Christmas, opening our gifts and hearing the fun stories of what we missed.



No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive