Nanna and Papa came to visit and arrived late the day after Christmas.
We were thrilled to see them.
They came with a plan to make little girls (their Mama's) dreams come true.
It started with creating a unique and quiet place for C to cuddle with her babies. A special place away from the noise of our loud house.
A place all her own.
As you can see, Charlotte, knew it belonged to her at first site.
"C-h-a-r-l-ohhh-teeteeEE"
(special thanks to Miss Lori, C's awesome preschool teacher for teaching Charlotte to spell her very long 9 letter name)
Here is the newest addition to Charlotte-Town.
(do not disturb)
And then The Dream Makers started on their mission.
Mission = turn Lily's room (hand me down baby pink room from the previous owners) into a rock star room with stage and performing arts corner.
As you can see it was easy because they had plenty of assistance from the union group who was off school this week and available for side jobs.
When I could see the union guys were no help (at all), we left The Master to his work in peace.
Hours later he asked for our final inspection of the paint job.
Papa asked "Did I miss a spot?"
Lily squealed at how silly Papa is.
I am not 100% sure if I am quoting it correctly, but I think she said something like
"duh, Papa. Are YOU kidding me???"
(when she finally caught her breath from her giggles)
Nanna and Papa Construction, Inc. made it look easy,
but I can assure you it was not.
As any project, there were bumps of the unexpected along the way.
But within a few days, we were ready...
And the show began on the new rockstar stage in Lily's room.
And it went on...
And on...
and on...
and on.
A star was born.
Ok, maybe the star was already born upon her birth.
But on this day, The Little Star was affirmed to be the star she is and encouraged to let her light shine bright.
Ok, maybe the star was already born upon her birth.
But on this day, The Little Star was affirmed to be the star she is and encouraged to let her light shine bright.
And her adoring fans surrounded her and caught up to her enthusiasm.
A Christmas miracle of kindness.
Lily had a dream, I had an idea, and Nanna and Papa came to make it real.
I haven't seen Lily since.
She has been perfecting her performance to her reflection ever since.
She reports to Nanna,
"No, I don't want to be famous. I just want to be happy."
Happy she is.
Let's rock this year, (3) Friends, because
(to quote Lily's fav Fergie)
I gotta feelin' its gonna be a good one!

1 comment:
Charlotte's house and Lily's stage are both AWESOME!!! How lucky are your girls (and you) to have grandparents like that! What talent!
I have a feeling this is going to be a good year for the Lowe family.
Post a Comment