The girls fight like...sisters.
They reunite like...sisters.
They had a few phone conversations in their 48 hour absence.
Charlotte talked about Lily the whole time they were apart.
Hearing only one side of the phone conversations was so cute. They could have talked for HOURS, if I let them.
I can see, someday in the future, they will.
And my heart soars with gladness.
Even, if some day in the future, their talks revolve all around how creepy and weird their parents are, and how did they get to be so great with this shotty upbringing? (I won't blame them)
For now it sounds like this...
"Hi, Lily, I just got you a candy cane!...yes I did!...its like a candy cane, you know and a candy cane and the kind of candy cane you like...yeah, yeah, uh-huh, and I got it for you. Ok? So uh-huh, yeah, yeah. For you. I love you Lily."
Charlotte had a whole goodie bag of treasures she had picked and saved along the way to gift Lily with.
She specifically picked this New Years crown (the only crown) in a box at The Buccaneer for Big Sis.
See that face of C's in the above picture? Have you ever seen it before? Its so typical Charlotte. She makes this face. Always. Its actually her embarassed begining of a smile.
See this face below?
Yes, I know you have.
Its very familiar and I showcase it all the time.
Secretly, I maybe needed a break from this girl when I left.
And then, like Charlotte, missed her and thought about her the whole time we were apart.
And my happiness in seeing her again, was in competition with Charlotte's happy reunion.
Happy New Year all!

No comments:
Post a Comment