It took an eerily long time for the snow to arrive here this winter and we enjoyed the spring-like November, December, and start of January.
Then ...when the snow finally fell, we delighted, as if it was our first time, ever, to see snow!
Snow is so pretty to look at and so great...
to eat!
(A side note. "I'm in the love with the prettiest girl, the prettiest girl in the world"!-lyrics by Van Go, Kylie's Dad's band)
We have MAJOR ideas for what we are doing in the snow this year. Lily wants to ice skate for the first time. She also received a super- slick- light- up- sled from Santa.
Charlotte and I want to make an upside down snowman, and we have it all planned out (boots on top and everything).
So when the snow came we waited for Lily to get home to start on this wickedly awesome snowman we have been creating in our minds.
And the snow that was thick and wet and sticky the night before when I was shoveling, turned into fluffy, pretty, good for nothing snow, by the time Lily got home from school the next day.
I was bummed and we were bored after 2 snow angels.
I decided to run in and fill squirt bottles with food coloring so we could at least decorate the snow.
"Love, Peace, Lily", looks kinda just like what it is = yellow snow, if you know what I mean.
So we headed to the backyard and got our sandtoys and started cooking.
The girls were busy while I shoveled the deck.
"What are you guys making?"-I ask.
"Snow Casserole"-Lily replied.
Creative minds make the best of fluffy, pretty, good for nothing snow.
"Yoga-Headstand-Snowman" -coming soon to a suburb near you.

No comments:
Post a Comment