Friends,
Home again, home again,
jiggedy, jig.
We came back to the 4th of July holiday week.
A nice way to ease back into routine.
4th of July week is also
Taste of Lombard.
Taste of Lombard,
is like tasting any carnival you have ever been at.
There is nothing unique about it.
There is no amazing food.
I mean, funnel cakes,
but that's it.
Oh, this time there was a Toasty Cheese truck.
I find that sort of amazing.
Its not like girls needed to be shaken
and stirred anymore since vacation,
but they can't seem to get enough.
Here they are on the
"tilt-a-hurl"
as Lily appropriately calls it.
I love it when I catch them being
sisterly, behind my back.
I know they are each other's safe place
and sense of calm.
I know this works both ways,
and its mutual need for hand holding.
For the first time,
Lily left me to walk around alone
with Ruby "Shooter" and her older brothers.
This made me very nervous,
and I kept a close eye.
I asked Mama Shooter
to keep her eye on these two,
while I snuck around like a CIA agent
keeping tabs on Lily and friends,
without being noticed.
Lily was thrilled with her new freedom
and independence.
I didn't tell her I was a nervous wreck,
and spying the whole time.
The night ended with a great concert,
from someone amazing that was
on American Idol.
I don't know who,
because I don't watch the show.
But the band played an hour melody of my
most feel good tunes without stopping
in between.
The songs all mashed into one amazing spectacular,
of all of those songs that I love and never hear enough on the radio.
So our good company, The Shooters,
heard an hour long melody of me singing along, and hooting out
"OMG, I LOVE this song."
letitbe,aboutjackanddiane,justbeatit,livingonaprayer...
You get the idea!
If you want to sing out,
sing out!

No comments:
Post a Comment