Hi Friends!
I am so behind on blogging,
but I reeallly don't want to give up.
So forgive me that the Lowe Family Circus news is coming to you very over due.
We had a dance recital.
Lily was in a hip hop routine.
It was awesome.
Jump Ropes were included,
the song was called Bounce.
I love watching her on stage.
She is a very expressive dancer!
She is a very expressive dancer!
She always has some nerves
before she goes onstage.
I have learned staying away from her
is the best way to handle this.
My calming/relaxation techniques and advice
only add to her nerves.
So now, I happily send her backstage
and run away,
back to the audience
and run away,
back to the audience
and pray that she's all good
by the time she gets on stage.
And then she gets on stage and I cry
because I am so proud of her!
And somehow in our absence,
she figured it out on her own.
And somehow in our absence,
she figured it out on her own.
I sit on the edge of my seat and just smile
and sob (no exaggeration) happy tears of joy.
I am so full of emotion with her.
I wonder why she can't relax in my presence???
Sheesh.
Its always nice to see her pride (and relief)
in herself when the routine is over!
in herself when the routine is over!
("nailed it!")
The emotional apples
don't fall far from the trees here.
Here's some of Lily's fan club
Mostly, we were just giggling about how cute she is, and how many funny times we've had,
in high school gyms.
Imagining the stories,
in high school gyms.
Imagining the stories,
taking place in high school gyms,
that she will have to share with us someday.
As for this little button...
she really was an Apple Tree for her routine.
She had no nerves, only pure excitement.
God Bless Lily,
but I have never been able to say this before,
but I have never been able to say this before,
I had the best dancer in the class.
She was the only one that knew the routine.
She rocked it perfectly.
She took her practice very seriously.
Point and flex.
Point and flex.
I was very impressed with her bravery and confidence, as well as her mad dancing skillz.
She was thrilled to be the star of the show.
I know you are not suppose to compliment girls on how cute they are, instead we should tell them they are smart and strong and all that good stuff.
I do praise all those good things,
but on this day every year, I do also have to gush about how cute they are.
I mean, I can't stand little girls
in buns and sequins.
Its just so cute.
On the other hand, I am so glad I am not a pageant mom, because putting lipstick on a 5 year old and waiting 30 minutes until she gets on stage, asking her to sit still and not touch her hair or ruin anything is the most stressful
and agonizing 30 minutes ever.
Its downright, painful, for both of us.
(and I hate asking her to not be a 5 year old for those 30 minutes)
Obviously, worth it though.
I love it that my girls both love dance.
I love their choices in classes.
I love their dedication to learning.
I love their love of music and the creative expression I see played out on stage.
I love their thrill of being on stage,
and my thrill watching them.
I love their thrill of being on stage,
and my thrill watching them.
Let's be fancy,
keep on dancy!

No comments:
Post a Comment