Labels

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Live like vacation

 
Friends,
Remember when I said
I wanted to bring the magic
of vacation into our everyday?
 
Its happening.
 
This week it was a trip to the pool
and a week night trip
to the drive in movies.
 

It was the girls first time at a drive in.
It was my first time in more moons
than I can remember.
 
It was awesome.
 
I prepared by popping up some of my
(amazing-top-secret) stovetop popcorn
and filling the back of our Jeep
with quilts and pillows.
 
We wore our pajamas.
 
We climbed on top of the car
and watched an amazing sunset
as we waited for
Despicable Me 2 to start.
The experience reminded me of camping.
I tried not to tell Darin that.
 
I think this movie was probably wonderful.
Lily tells me,
 her trusted sources say,
its been the Top Movie for over 2 weeks!
 
But I watched none of it.
 
I just spent my time passing popcorn
and rearranging kids
and cuddles and blankets
and feeling so happy
to be under the night sky together.
 
Super scandalous to be up late on a weeknight.
So totally worth it.
 


No comments:

My Blog List

Blog Archive