Friends!
I have been waiting and waiting to share with you!
We took a vacation.
We took a vacation.
It was wonderful.
It was necessary.
It mirrored my first real vacation
with Aunt Joan and belated Mary,
experienced 27 years ago.
I documented as much as I could,
to share with you.
We started in San Diego.
I will be honest
(always and only).
The first night I was twitchy and weird.
I didn't know how to be with my family.
What I realized, is that, I have been pushing them away from me, in hopes that we would miss each other less, with my full time work schedule.
Clearly, this was silly and stupid.
Luckily, this vacation returned me to normal.
I was able to get into it with my family again.
It just took me a little time and a day at the beach, and a good hard cry about my Dad, once again.
What I realized, is that, I have been pushing them away from me, in hopes that we would miss each other less, with my full time work schedule.
Clearly, this was silly and stupid.
Luckily, this vacation returned me to normal.
I was able to get into it with my family again.
It just took me a little time and a day at the beach, and a good hard cry about my Dad, once again.
Upon arrival,
we checked into the most wonderful hotel ever,
and headed to the pool.
It was a magical place with
night swimming, an outdoor movie,
fire pits with smores, and an acoustic guitar.
Oh and wine.
Yes, there was wine.
night swimming, an outdoor movie,
fire pits with smores, and an acoustic guitar.
Oh and wine.
Yes, there was wine.
The next day we went to the San Diego Zoo.
Seeing Pandas is on Lily's life list.
So we were most excited about that. She has written an essay titled "Save the Pandas".
The good news is,
we were able to see pandas.
The bad news
is we only saw their sleeping backsides.
The amazing news is we witnessed an engagement right in front of the pandas,
which was the most exciting thing
that could happen.
We shared our joy by whisper clapping as to not wake the sleeping bears.
Seeing Pandas is on Lily's life list.
So we were most excited about that. She has written an essay titled "Save the Pandas".
The good news is,
we were able to see pandas.
The bad news
is we only saw their sleeping backsides.
The amazing news is we witnessed an engagement right in front of the pandas,
which was the most exciting thing
that could happen.
We shared our joy by whisper clapping as to not wake the sleeping bears.
And so Day 2 we went to the beach.
The ocean proved once again
to be the best medicine.
More to come, Friends.
Enjoy the first video!
SoCA Vacation Part 1
to be the best medicine.
More to come, Friends.
Enjoy the first video!
SoCA Vacation Part 1

No comments:
Post a Comment