Hi Friends!
I had the opportunity to attend the Society for Human Resource Management Conference in Chicago this year.
My company had a booth.
(a shout out to LJ!)
Darin's company also had a booth and he had a hotel room for 2 nights.
My mom watched the kids.
Darin and I enjoyed ourselves as working, temporarily childless, city dwellers!
We went downtown on Sunday.
I went to see Hilary Clinton speak.
She had an amazing speech. Much of her talk was about women in the workplace.
She included the evidence based research that backs up why this is so valuable.
Maybe that mattered to some in the room.
What she did for me was,
affirm my own instincts and intentions.
She had 5 lessons to share and I sat alone in a room with thousands, hanging on every word.
I felt powerful and capable, just listening to her, and being in the same room.
I ran into many other inspiring professionals, too!
The highlight of our time,
was my company's 25th Anniversary Party
on the rooftop of Tribune Tower.
These folks clean up well!
(seriously, I work with super models. Dang.)
We invited our favorite clients to join us.
And a professional photographer to document.
Here I am being very responsible,
schmoozing with a valued client.
Here I am using the professional photographer for my own personal advantage with my 2 hot dates.
D and long time buddy Jay.
D and long time buddy Jay.
Here is a rainbow.
I felt like it was there on purpose.
It was.
Here I am having fun with my team.
I love them.
Each of them.
I am very passionate about my leadership position.
It is new to me.
I make mistakes.
I apologize to them.
I let them know, they can make mistakes too.
I remind us all, that we are not trying hard enough,
if we are not making mistakes.
We are all learning and growing together.
I am clumsy and awkward and wonderful.
They tell me so, each in their own way.
I am clumsy and awkward and wonderful.
They tell me so, each in their own way.
When I originally interviewed with the President of my company, I wanted to discuss my lack of management experience.
He wasn't concerned, but played along nicely.
He wasn't concerned, but played along nicely.
He asked what I have done?
I said, "I parent."
He got it.
He hired me.
So now, I am blessed with more people in my life to nurture, support, and teach.
Its the best job ever.
At home, and at work.
Now accepting applications,
anyone want to join our team???
Now accepting applications,
anyone want to join our team???








No comments:
Post a Comment